Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is from December! Oops.

I was going through my journal and realized that I hadn't posted this. I think its good, so here it is!

As I reflect back on the past few weeks, I started to realize that I've been crying a lot. Its not because I've been upset or sad, but because I've been grateful for the ways the LORD has been moving in my life. Time and time again the LORD's goodness has overwhelmed me and I cannot hold back the tears.
How good He is to us all! He loves us for who we are, the wretched sinner who everyday betrays her Beloved. I mourn over my sin and weep with gladness at the forgiveness I've found. The LORD is a God of redemption and love, punishing me with grace. In no way do I deserve any of the things which He so abundantly gives. I run and I struggle, kick against the goads, only to find they are keeping me on the narrow and straight. When I see my wounds, He is there to bandage them. When I sin, He is ready to forgive. When I run away, He waits eagerly for my return.
Praise be to God for the forgiveness of sin and redemption of souls! Shout His name with gladness, for His steadfast love is great!

No comments: