Saturday, September 27, 2008

My New Not-So-Childish Ambition

As I was watching college football with my roommates last weekend, I have been inspired to become something new. USC was playing, and it was the beginning of the game, Tommy Trojan was riding around the stadium on his white stallion with his plume and cape streaming behind him. Fans were cheering, people were happy. Then the best part comes: Tommy the Trojan unsheathed his sword and stabs it into the ground in a tidal wave of symbolism.

That was the moment my fate was decided: If I were to be a part of a college and/or professional sport, i would want nothing more than to be the mascot. I'm pretty sure though being any mascot would be fun, I thing being SC's would be the best. Why, you ask? Duh. The sword!


So sorry to all you Bruins fans, the bear just doesn't do it for me. But since my dreams of being Tommy Trojan probably will not happen since I am not a male, maybe I'll show up for the Bruins Mascot Tryouts next year. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Kate-y said...

Love it! You're fantastic! (Side note: your thoughts would be that much more thrilling if you were consistent in the tenses of your sentences. Just a thought...) Hats off to ya, little sister, for your not-so-childhood ambition.

Anonymous said...

Tamsen
Loved reading about your latest ambition. There are a few things I would like to do in my life, and one of them is to ride Traveler, a noble steed indeed. I've been close enough to pet him and meet Tommy Trojan, but alas, I was not allowed ride. Fun fact: there is a "Traveler in waiting" who will take over the job when the current Traveler lets his trainers know he is no longer interested in the job. :-)