Thursday, November 29, 2007

Change and Movement

Picture this: It was yesterday around 2:30 PM. I was sitting in my least favorite class of the semester. Women and Gender Studies. With a focus on The Individual, Sexuality, and the Family Unit. What it really translates to is a study of transgenderism, gays, women power, and an open mic for man haters.
One thing our professor had us do at the beginning of the semester was repeated yesterday. She had us write down our vision of the perfect community (or world) and what it needs. This time she added on two more questions at the end, what our motivation for fixing the needs of the world are, and also what keeps us from doing these things. Here is what I wrote.

My vision for the world: A world that recognizes the need for a Savior. That they need Jesus. The Love of the Father motivates me to act.
The needs of the world: Repentance and faith. The forgiveness of sins. The greatest source of suffereing is our own selfish, sinful natures.
My motivation for change: I know the Love of the LORD. I know it endures. I know that His words bring healing and conviction, forgiveness and grace. Knowing the LORD moves me to act.
What is stopping me: Sin. Fear of Man. Comfort. Selfishness. The feeling of being overwhelmed.

As I was thinking about what I wrote, I remembered that the same exact thing was written in the begining of the year. For what really is the point of change if it is not for the LORD? If we do things out of love for the Father, they will come out much better than if they are done out of selfish ambitions or altruism. The LORD is what changes and moves in the hearts of believers, and through believers God changes and moves the hearts of the lost.

No comments: