Friday, November 2, 2012

November, A Month of Thanks

Not only is November fabulous because it means turkey and pumpkins galore, in Colorado it also means snow!  October brought us two snowy days, and hopefully we will be getting more soon.  I told one of my co-workers last time it snowed that this is how I imagined Narnia to look like (well, minus all the roads, cars, and buildings).

Also, it is the month with one of my favorite holidays--Thanksgiving!  In light of this fact, I want to be more intentional and reflective of what I am thankful for each week, the big and the little.

Here are some things I have been thankful for recently:

-It's Friday, people!  And to make things even better, my boss is giving us a new options for schedules.  If we want to take half an hour for lunch for four days a week instead of the usual 1 hour, we can get done at 3PM on Fridays.  Yes please.  It makes me feel more excited than Rebecca Black on a Friday.



-I was at the thrift store shopping for my Halloween costume and decided to peruse through some of the records.  I found one of my all-time favorite jazz albums in perfect condition.  I immediately bought it.





-Even through all this dumb election mail (okay, the election is not dumb, I just can't stand all the ads that I get as a new voter in a swing state; although I am very excited that my vote actually counts for something here), I have gotten some pretty good mail recently:  a letter from my dad, a card from Bethany, my subscription to The Economist, and also a bunch of nerdy bookmarks from Mental Floss.


-Last Sunday at church, our pastor gave a sermon in our series of Ephesians that kicked my butt.  I went straight home, packed a backpack and grabbed the dog, and then drove out to Jefferson County for some quiet and contemplative hiking.  Not only did I get exercise, but also got to see some pretty country and work through some good/hard stuff.  It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


No comments: