Monday, January 25, 2010

Time Spent With the Merwin Family

Here are some of the highlights from working with the Merwin Family-

- Bobby Merwin is the resident fourth grader in the house. He is your typical 10 year old boy, enrolled in martial arts, soccer, and speech therapy. He makes me want to have boys simply because of his excitement and view on life. Once I was driving him to his speech therapy appointment, and as we were walking out to the car, he pulls a 9-Volt battery. Upon my question of why he had a battery, he said that he likes to play with them sometimes. "And they make my tongue tickle when I lick them."
Now why wouldn't I want to play with a battery?

- One day Brenda, the mother of the house, was complaining about certain emails she kept on receiving. She was complaining to another employee, Justin. "Justin, some random person just decided to follow me on Twitter. Why on earth would they want to follow me if I didn't know them?" I think the question is why does Brenda have an account on Tiwtter anyway?

Trinity, the youngest kid and one of the cutest first grader you have ever seen, is recently discovering that boys might not have cooties. I think it is too early for this. She tells me class secrets, like that Jake loves Stephanie but Stephanie loves Ryan. Ryan loves Tiffany, and Andy loves her. One day I asked her if she loved anyone, and she said, "No...why would I do that?" Smart girl. She can wait a few more years.

1 comment:

Carly said...

i think jon still occasionally licks batteries just to remember what it feels like! sick! and the other two segments are hilarious. love it.