Sunday, December 20, 2009

There Really Is No Place Like It...

As finals have come and gone at Sonoma State, I find myself watching the students leave for home as well. It has been fun seeing them glad to be done with the stressful, late nights of studying as well as itching to get back into their original zip codes. This year has been a little different for me, because I have had the pleasure (or torture, whichever way you look at it) of watching them all leave and go home.
This has produced a feeling within me that I haven't experienced much--loneliness. I've found myself calling at least one member of my immediate family every day just to hear their voices. I know its only a few days away, but I simply can't wait until 4:00 rolls around on Tuesday afternoon! I'm packing up my car that morning and heading straight from work back to the 916.
Ah I can't wait for hugs.

No comments: