Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank You, Oswald.

I came across this Oswald Chambers quote today:

Sanctification means being made one with Jesus so that the disposition that ruled Him will rule us. It will cost everything that is not of God in us.

I've heard that God desires all of us. I believe this to be true, as we find in scripture that He is a jealous God. When we fully give ourselves to Him, it does cost everything of us. Our entire being must be forfeited at the foot of the Cross, willing to give ourselves completely to the One who created and loves us. When we drop to our knees in repentance and thankfulness, we must not let pride get in the way of the Lord having His way with us. We cannot tell the Lord, "Oh no, my shame is too great for you. My feet are too dirty, you cannot wash them."

Peter has a similar instance with Jesus at the Last Supper in John 13:

Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. So He came to Simon Peter. He said to Him, "Lord, do You wash my feet?" Jesus answered and said to him, "What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter." Peter said to Him, "Never shall You wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me" (vs. 5-8).

We cannot ever be too stained to be remedied by the cleansing blood of the Lamb. It may cost us everything, but it is worth losing it all. The Kingdom of God costs everything, and at the same time is worth everything.

No comments: