Monday, June 4, 2007

Things I Need

I need to actually live what I believe. Feed the poor. Clothe the naked. Cry with the brokenhearted. Fight for justice and what I know is right. Follow my convictions as the Spirit leads. I need to have a heart change. Learn to love people the way that God loves them, compassionately and in practical ways. Help them to survive this world and into the next.
I need to tithe as I should, frequently giving what has already been so generously given to me. Giving full control of my future and stop trying to make plans myself is necessary and needed.
I need to continually show people that wisdom comes from the LORD alone and that it is not mine. I need to continually give the glory and honor to whom it is due, not to myself. Often I think that I am wise and that I have a teachable heart, but it is only because the Father has created me to be this way. It is none of my doing, rather what His creation is playing out to be.
I need to learn all I can about Him in order to love Him more. Ask for insight, ask questions when understanding is lacking. Ask Him to teach me to love Him more, to follow all His ways. I need to learn His commandments and actually follow them. I need to live life as radical as that of Jesus.
I need to preach the Gospel, love the Lord, and love my neighbor.
I need to truly recognize God for who He is and believe and act upon what I profess to believe. Truly understand the sacrifices He made for me and gladly sacrifice what He desires of me. Giving Him my future, present, and past, my dreams, hopes, days and nights, giving Him my alabaster and oil, saving it for Him. Let no one rebuke me for my sacrifices, for my deeds will be recorded.
I need to respond to the crucifixion. I respond to it with thankfulness and gladness of heart. With sorrow and empathy. With confusion and understanding due to the limitations of a fallen spirit. The complexity of the Gospel can be summed up into one word: Love. I need to do this.
Lord let not the knowledge of they love be wasted on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.